Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Soldering, wire stripping and splicing...oh my!!!

Today I was introduced to soldering.  I had never soldered before and was completely ignorant to the process.  What we assigned to do was to take a circuit board and solder about ten different resisters and compositors to it.  This process was very interesting and was a great learning experience due to the fact that there was no worry of damaging the appliance.


Next we learned how to strip wires, after stripping about ten wires I begin to splice multiple wires together using the soldering techniques.  Then came the true litmus test.  We had to take a power source and strip a small point of the wire.  We then stripped the positive and ground wires which was interesting as they were very small.  Next we spliced two separate wires to the ground and positive and placed a heat shrink over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment